Sense360 is the leader in real-time, 360° insights which are revolutionizing the current state of market research, that’s plagued by high-cost, static solutions that are neither timely nor accurate. Through analyzing and combining massive datasets of digital behavioral data with attitudinal surveys, Sense360 creates customized industry solutions that enable continuous measurement and optimization of its clients' business strategies and tactics. Sense360 was founded by successful repeat entrepreneurs and is funded by investors of Pinterest, Uber, HotelTonight, RiotGames and Twilio.
Sense360 has identified a massive market opportunity, and we are looking for a data engineer to help take us to the next level. You will have a large and immediate impact on the company, as you will be the 5th engineer on the team. We are looking for a scrappy engineer with solid CS fundamentals, who focuses on delivering value quickly. As a data engineer you will be responsible for architecting our data infrastructure that processes 2+ TB sensor data/day in an efficient manner. You will be working closely with our data science team to scale their processing algorithms. You will be working heavily with Apache Spark, AWS, Python and Apache Airflow.
Our challenges revolve around scaling, data and automation.
- Architect our data pipeline which handles 2+ TB sensor data/day from 2MM+ users using AWS EMR, S3, Lambda and Redshift
- Build platforms for our data team to allow them to iterate, build and deploy their models and reports
- Help architect our system to become a real-time data system
- Scale and optimize our Spark data processing clusters to be able to handle 5MM+ users
- Research, analyze and integrate new 3rd party datasets into our dataset
- Develop best practices for data ingestion, data cleaning and data processing
Our Core Values
1. We are one team - We are one team with a single goal - to build an amazing company. If the company wins, we all win. We build the team by looking for amazing teammates who will elevate the team over individual genius.
2. Always improving - We believe that best people never stop learning and growing and that the only way to do that is to be humble and eager to be better. We crave feedback, we aren't defensive, and we internalize it. We are also equally as comfortable giving constructive and helpful feedback.
3. We are all owners - We empower everyone at the company to own their work. Owners want lots of responsibility, have authority and freedom to make real decisions, surface bad news quickly, and ask for help when they need it. A company of owners also means that ideas come from everywhere, that we all learn from each other, and titles and seniority don't matter.
4. Scrappiness - We are trying to do something transformative while also taking on the biggest and most resourced companies in the world. The only way we can pull off the impossible is to simplify everything to its core, only spend time and money on what truly matters, and work very, very, very hard.
5. We have fun - Building a company is hard work, but is also needs to be incredibly fun and rewarding. We don't just work together; we also make the time to have fun. This includes team outings, dinners, ping pong, halo and clipper games.
Willing to relocate or sponsor visas.